Welcome From The Headteacher
It is with a great deal of pride that I introduce myself to you as the new headteacher of Warley Road Academy. Thank you to children, parents and visitors who have welcomed me to both Warley Road and the community which I now serve. Warley Road Academy is a school that our children, staff and governors are proud of. We provide a welcoming, caring, supportive and secure environment in which all children are valued. Thank you for visiting our website. I hope that you will find the information it contains useful and that you get a sense of what it means to be a pupil at Warley Road.
Building an exciting, creative and meaningful curriculum, which equips learners for all stages of their education and beyond, is central to our vision here at Warley Road. We believe that children should be skilled and articulate. We teach this through insisting on the ‘4R’s’ (Respect, Resilience, Responsibility and Reflection) in all that we do. Children are taught to know the importance of reading and spotting progress in what they do. We want our children to be proud of their achievements and we, as a school, recognise their successes in the widest possible sense.
Through ‘i-challenge’ we focus on how children learn and this is underpinned by building relationships, building teamwork and building confidence.
- The achievement, personal development and well-being of children and young people, where the welfare of others is seen to be the first concern of all, no matter their starting point
- Promoting and supporting parent and carer engagement in the development of learning and educational experience of their children
- To understand the community context within which the academy operates and to engage in appropriate activities with other agencies and community groups to promote community cohesion and economic regeneration
- Having an aspiration to be the best that we can be
- Outstanding learning and teaching which engages pupils and is active, collaborative and encourages independence
- To foster pupil voice intended to empower and involve young people in the development and delivery of their own education and the life of their academy
- To create and sustain a creative curriculum which meets the needs of all learners, is engaging and fun
- To support the development of professional networks, within our group and beyond, providing school to school support, opportunities for pupils, and sharing professional development
- To promote community involvement with our school and lifelong community learning.